TUH FUTURE OF TEACHING BURSARY FOR IEU MEMBERS
1 x $5000 professional development bursary to be granted.
WHAT IS THE GRANT FOR?
This grant recognises and supports educators who deliver innovative solutions that can benefit their careers and communities in the post-COVID world of learning.
The grant may be spent on a single professional development course, a set of professional learning activities or to fund research into innovative learning solutions.
WHO IS THE GRANT FOR?
To apply for a grant, you must:
- Be currently employed as an education professional.
- Be available to share your learnings and act as an ambassador for TUH Health Fund after the professional development experience.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be passionate about educational innovation.
- Be a TUH Health Fund and IEU member.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
You could receive $5,000 towards expenses related to: further study, a professional experience or research project, including course fees, travel and accommodation undertaken (or commenced) in 2023.
HOW TO APPLY?
Step 1: Gather the supporting documents that you need to submit with your application.
- Short description of the proposed project.
- Provide budget of anticipated costs.
- Demonstration of a willingness to share learnings with IEU member colleagues and the wider education community.
- A personal statement about yourself, your commitment to education and how the grant will add value to the QLD/NT education community (Maximum 300 words).
Step 2: Submit your application.
- Evidence of a candidate’s enthusiasm for furthering their own professional development and education.
- Clear articulation by the nominee of a teaching method, approach or support mechanism that may result in a pedagogical innovation that advances the future of education.
- How the knowledge will be implemented in the classroom and shared with colleagues within their school.
- Other personal qualities and personal circumstances that would enhance the candidate’s suitability for the grant.
A selection panel will review all scholarship applications and assess them against the selection criteria.
The selection panel will include representatives of the IEU-QNT, TUH and independent experts and the panel reserves the right to ask shortlisted applicants to participate in an interview.
TUH Health Fund is driven by our ongoing pursuit of excellence. We are curious and have the courage to create new possibilities and we work as one team taking care of our members, our business, and one another.
2021 BURSARY RECIPIENT
In 2021, the TUH Future of Teaching Bursary was awarded to IEU-QNT member Hannah Brennan-Silwood.
Hannah is a secondary English teacher who believes in championing the integral need for literacy to be accessible, engaging and celebrated.
She will be using the Bursary funds to undertake further study in a Master of Education (Teacher Librarianship) with the intention of eventually creating a digital space centred on how to embed a greater focus on critical literacy across all subjects.
Read Hannah’s story here.