Australian International Islamic College (AIIC) members have achieved significant wins to working conditions and pay after running a successful, grass-roots campaign across campuses.
Some of the key enhancements to working conditions in their new collective agreement include:
- Natural Disaster Leave.
- Greater flexibility on the use of long service leave.
- Parental leave enhancements over the life of the agreement.
- Enhanced spousal leave.
- Wage parity with Education QLD up to Band 3 Step 4.
- A senior teacher position to commence within the life of the agreement.
- Back payment of wages to July 1 2022 following the successful ballot.
- Enhanced career paths for school officers.
- Darwin campus to be covered by the collective agreement.