Over $1.3 million in payments have been returned to members in the past financial year.
IEU-QNT’s industrial team secured the $1,307,750 sum across a range of cases related to unfair dismissals, redundancies, underpayments and other settlements.
Key cases included:
- $43,100 (16 weeks’ compensation) secured in the settlement of an unfair dismissal claim.
- $5,718 in underpayments recovered despite the employer claiming the member was overpaid by approximately $12,000.
- $17,804 secured on termination after an employer erroneously claimed serious misconduct.
- $65,456 secured in various entitlements after resignation.
- $35,275 recovered in long service leave payments and notice after an employer terminated employment and claimed these entitlements did not have to be paid.